His simple banana bread recipe is a tried-and-true favorite that always turns out perfectly!
You’ll start buying extra bananas solely for the Easy Banana Bread Recipe recipe because it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Reasons We Adore This Recipe
- Quick This can be made so quickly that you might have the Easy Banana Bread Recipe ready to eat before your oven has even finished preheating!
- Simple Ingredients I always have the necessary ingredients on hand, so I can create this dish at a moment’s notice.
- No-Fail Every time I use this recipe, it works out flawlessly.
- Overly moist This recipe yields banana bread that is perfectly moist and delicate in the crumb department.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe should have numerous black spots, which indicate that they are ripe, mushy, and loaded with sugars.
Additionally, you can peel them and freeze them for later use in baking.
You have lovely yellow bananas that would be ideal for a smoothie or banana pudding, but not so much for baking. How quickly should I ripen them?
Place them in a paper bag with other ripe fruit, if any, and seal it to allow them to ripen in 1-2 days.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 300°F to ripen instantly. Before using this recipe, let it cool.
- egg and oil Zucchini bread and of course this recipe benefits from the moisture that eggs and oil bring to fast bread.
In this dish, mayonnaise—which is made of eggs and oil—replaces some of the oil. Although this might appear like an odd component, the reviews show that it is a great compliment.
Recipe for Banana Bread
Mayonnaise and banana bread? Although the Easy Banana Bread Recipe might seem unusual, mayo is prepared using oil and eggs, which are essentially necessary elements for any quick bread.
Make cautious not to overmix otherwise it won’t be soft and moist but rather dense and chewy.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (per the recipe below).
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, mayonnaise, and bananas (of course).
- Just combine the two until they are moist (image below, your batter should be lumpy).
- Bake after pouring into a buttered pan.
My to-die-for Chocolate-Mayonnaise Cake is something I make. You HAVE to try mayonnaise-made bread or cake if you haven’t before.
Guides to Success
The mayonnaise and bananas both give this bread flavor and moisture. Additional recommended tips:
- Don’t add more liquid; the batter is thick as it is.
- To avoid making the bread overly dense, do not add additional bananas.
- Never overmix quick bread, as this will ruin them. Only stir enough to integrate.
- Avoid overcooking. Check your bread at least 10 minutes before the time is up because ovens can vary.
- After cold, tightly seal (a freezer bag works well too).
This banana bread recipe can be modified to include pecans, walnuts, or chocolate chips.
Line the loaf pan with parchment paper, folding about 3 inches of paper over the top of the pan for easy removal.
How to Keep Banana Bread Fresh?
Banana bread should remain on the counter for about three days when firmly packed.
You may either freeze the loaf whole or cut it into slices and freeze the portions. Slices can be added to lunch boxes frozen and will defrost in plenty of time for lunch if you just microwave them for a few seconds.
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Set the oven to 350°F.
- Mayo, egg, and mashed bananas should all be combined in a bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pecans in a separate basin.
- Just blend by adding the flour mixture and stirring briefly. Don’t overmix the ingredients because they will be very thick.
- Fill a loaf pan with oil. A toothpick should come out clean after baking for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Take out of the pan and let cool fully.
The estimated nutritional information is subject to change depending on cooking techniques and the brands of ingredients used.
Ripening bananas 15-20 minutes of quick baking at 300°F. Before using, cool.
To avoid making the bread overly dense, do not add additional bananas.
Never overmix quick bread, as this will ruin them. Only stir enough to integrate.
At least 10 minutes before the bake time is up, check your bread.
With about 3 inches of paper folded over the top of the pan for easy removal, line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
Divide batter among 12 muffin tins and bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Avoid overbaking.