Bagel chips make the ideal snack or dunk! With only 3 basic ingredients, it’s done in less than 20 minutes and is crispy and crunchy!
New York Style Homemade Bagel Chips are the best choice for a quick snack! Serve this traditional jalapeño popper dip with everything bagel dip or both!
Making Bagels into Chips
Making this recipe has only three simple steps!
- A bagel should be sliced in half, then into 1/8″ strips (or as thin as you can).
- Use olive oil to brush. Adding salt is optional.
- Bake till crisp and golden.
You have the chance to shine if you’re using plain bagels. A bit (or a lot!) of whatever herb, spice, or seasoning you have in your cabinet should do the trick.
- Rub for grilling
- Seasoning for Montreal steak
- Sprinkle homemade cinnamon sugar (1:1 cinnamon to sugar) on plain bagels for a sweet treat.
- On plain or cheese bagels, try homemade everything bagel seasoning.
How to Pair Bagels with Chips?
There are countless delectable ways to enjoy homemade bagel chips.
In Soup: Try using fresh tomato soup or ham and potato soup in place of crackers!
Creamy dips: French onion, spinach, or cream cheese dip.
Guacamole, Cowboy Caviar, or Pico de Gallo are several chunky dips.
How to Keep Them Safe?
Bagel chips should be kept in a sealed bag or container, exactly like conventional chips or crackers, to prevent them from absorbing other smells or becoming worse.
When Do They End?
Homemade bagel chips can last up to two weeks before they begin to go bad if they are stored in an airtight bag or container.
- 2 bagels seasoned or unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt is optional if using seasoned bagels
- Set the oven to 350°F.
- A bagel should be cut in half, then each half should be cut into 1/8″ strips.
- Brush some oil on a baking pan and spread out the bagel slices. If using plain bagels, season as desired with salt or other seasonings.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp and gently browned.
The optional extra salt is not included in the nutritional data.