Shrimp in garlic butter is the simplest and most flavorful!
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is an incredibly simple dinner that can be thrown together in under 15 minutes and served over anything!
At least once a week, a sizable dish of Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp may be seen at our supper table. For a great meal, toss some angel hair pasta with a lemony, garlicky, buttery sauce.
Purchase shrimp (or prawns) that have already been cleaned, deveined, and shelled, and you’ll have yourself a simple recipe.
Please, for the love of all that is fresh, use fresh lemon juice and, if at all possible, fresh garlic. Although they seem relatively obvious, those two ingredients are the secret to this recipe’s ability to make your mouth light up.
SHRIMP IN LEMON-GARLIC-BUTTER
Shrimp in lemon garlic butter are flavorful and ready to serve in less than 10 minutes.
- divided 1/3 cup butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1 3/4 pounds (800 g) of peeled and deveined shrimp (or prawns), with the tails on
- freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt, to taste
- Lemon juice from a half (about 2 tablespoons — add more if desired)
- water in 2 tablespoons
- To garnish: freshly chopped parsley
- In a sizable skillet set over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the garlic is aromatic, add it (about 1 minute).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and fry the shrimp. Cook for two minutes while occasionally stirring. When the other side JUST starts to turn pink, flip it over and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, water, and lemon juice. Cook, tossing frequently, until the butter melts and the shrimp are done (do not overcook them). Remove the heat. Taste the food and, as desired to suit your tastes, add additional salt, pepper, or lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over rice or pasta.