Hands down, tater tots in the air fryer are the finest!
This method yields tater tots that have a deep-fried flavor but are much healthier. In about 15 minutes, you can prepare tater tots from frozen. You’ll never make tater tots any other way again.
Why Is This Recipe So Delicious?
- This is a healthier alternative to a popular game-day snack and side dish.
- Cooking tater tots from frozen takes about 15 minutes.
- They are really delectable! They have a deep-fried flavor but are considerably healthier!
- To make extremely crispy tots, you only need three things!
What are Tater Tots, exactly?
Grated potato is used to make Tater Tots, which are subsequently deep-fried. They have a crunchy outside and a soft interior. They are naturally vegan, and there are gluten-free variations available.
Cooking Tater Tots In The Air Fryer in a Healthier Way
There’s nothing like a crispy potato tot, but you’ll need to use the deep fat fryer to obtain that restaurant-quality crunch. But not any longer! Using an air fryer, you can get the same crunchiness with significantly less fat.
It’s quick, simple, and hassle-free, and the tots may be cooked immediately from frozen. This is an absolute must-have for game-day Sundays!
Suggestions for Serving
Tater Tots are a popular party meal or side dish. You may serve these as a potato side dish with a beef main course or as a party snack with your favorite sauces to a large crowd.
You can top your grilled tots with a variety of toppings, including cheddar, sriracha, salsa, and guacamole.
- To make the crispiest tater tots, preheat your air fryer.
- The frying spray and salt are essential for crisping the potato tots, so don’t leave them out!
- During cooking, flip the tots in the basket to ensure even frying.
- For the healthiest version, use organic frozen tater tots.
- Serve right away!
Tater Tots in the Air Fryer
|Preparation time: 2 minutes
15 minutes to cook
17 minutes total
Hands down, air-fried tater tots are the finest! This method yields tater tots that have a deep-fried flavor but are much healthier. In about 15 minutes, you can prepare tater tots from frozen.
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- air-fryer-safe avocado oil (or another cooking spray)
- Air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Apply a light coating of cooking spray, such as avocado oil, to the frozen tots. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400°F, flipping them in the basket every 5 minutes or so, until golden and crisp in spots. If you want them crispier, add more time.
- For the healthiest option, I recommend buying organic frozen tater tots.
- This method works for any number of tater tots, however, you’ll want to work in batches if your air fryer is small or you’re making a large batch.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 206kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 602mg, Potassium: 301mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin C: 9mg, Calcium: 15mg, Iron: 1mg, Net Carbs: 27g